Dear Byron,

Piedmont Bible College, 1985
Do you know what attracted me to you when I found myself sitting near you in chapel at Piedmont Bible College all those years ago?  You had a certain style all your own and that quirky, pun filled humor.  I thought you were a good-looking guy especially riding on that motorcycle you had.  I thought you had cute hair, and your ideas for dates were always so cool - circuses and picnics in the mountains.  And you were going where I wanted to go - the mission field.

We weren't really all that much alike in some ways.  You were Southern Gospel and I was more like Christian Rock.  You had high standards and I was always pushing the rules to the limit.  Opposites might attract, but something called love drew me to start listening to your music and try to live within the scheme of things.   I guess you grew on me.

May 30, 1987

We didn't always see eye to eye and still don't, but we learned, often by the hard way, to compromise, respect and work it all out.  It's taken a few years to find that perfect place  and it's not been easy, but I'm so glad we stuck it out in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish.  Thanks for not giving up on me.

I can truly say that I'm still attracted to that cute hair, that punny wit, and I'm still happy to be going where you are, wherever that might be.  I'm looking forward to the next thirty years and taking that cruise I always talk about together.

Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary to my best friend and the love of my life...


Byron W. Atha, II
2017

Comments

Popular Posts