Book Review: Great Day

So what's wrong with you?  Dog die?
Yup, My dog died ...
I was already in an incredible personal slump.
My best friend had just left on furlough.
Things were not going well at home.
Another friend had broken off our friendship.
My part-time job was losing its joy
Money was getting tight.
My boys were growing up way too fast...

And then this little book showed up in the mail one day from Booksneeze!

It was like a breathe of fresh air at just the right crucial moment.  I had opened the package with the book the morning before the wild night when my twelve year old dog went into total arrest because of canine distemper. As we made the decision to go into the big city to take our old dog to see the vet after a wild night of convulsions and seizures, little phrases from the first pages I had browsed ran through my head.  When the doctor said there was little hope and we considered putting our dear dog to sleep, I just kept repeating to myself that somewhere in all this mess there could still be a great day ahead, and it was all up to me.

Everyday really can be a good day inspite of all the bad around us.  We ourselves as sons and daughters of the greatest King - God Himself can trust and allow our Lord to work it all out.    That horrible day I was reminded over and over of Psalm 118:24:   This is the day the LORD has made; We CAN rejoice and be glad in it.

I was super impressed with this book and found it a quick and easy read.  It has simple, clear advice to help each Christian keep perspective and consider carefully how to redeem each day for God's service.

I highly recommend this book!

It came to my door on just the right time to help keep a bad day in perspective.


   

Comments

Popular Posts